Pages

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Tip Shop Treasure and pieces of house colours

Last weekend and the way to the block I visited my soon (ish) to be local op shop and tip shop to acquaint myself with them.  For some weird reason I find it hard to go to new places for the first time and then once I have they become a regular attraction.  The op shop was not so exciting this week and they don't have much in the non clothes items but the tip shop was an exciting cave of treasures.  I found great desks, pieces of furniture, tea cups, a huge vinal record collection......  these are not necessarily things I want now but they provided lots of creative ideas, it was great to see what kinds of things were there and I did splurge on one awesome vintage find.

Cake or cookies anyone? 

This cost me a huge $1, which is about all I can manage on the current budget so I was very happy!  I think this will look fabulous in my new kitchen.

And speaking of kitchens - I also went to the kitchen place and picked out my bench and cupboard colours - this is one of the fun things!
 

 River Pebble Dimensions Finish bench top
Parchment doors and drawers and Black ends, breakfast bar and kickboards


 And while I'm talking colours the house will be:

Black roof (night sky) and Deep Ocean Cladding


 and a 
something like this


putting together the pieces of my house is the biggest treat. :-)


 

No comments: