Pages

Sunday, September 19, 2010

The Block Update

bad weather has slowed progress with Andrew mostly just doing Saturdays until we get all the foundations in - out of the ground... so it is a bit hit an miss with the rain, but I popped down yesterday to get a photographic update.

creature comforts for the workers

dug up

ag drains to protect the foundations

a pier - for the foundations

the ground floor

It was a huge job getting the piers filled with concrete.  Andrew discovered that my property has ground water when they dug the holes.  This will be great down the track when I'm setting up the orchard and garden.  But before they could pour the concrete they had to empty the holes of the water that had poured in - several thousands of liters all up - as as the pump hose came out the concrete went in before the hole could re-fill.  Very muddy and hard work - I'm told.

I have an awesome brother :-)




No comments: